Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Hush Little Girl by @LisalRegan, a #BookReview

 

This wasn't my first read by Lisa Regan, and it won't be my last. I love the way the author started this one out--Josie Quinn's wedding day. Everything is happiness and joy until...well, it isn't.


The body of a young girl is found outside of the chapel where Josie was to get married to Noah. I liked the dynamics between the couple and their drive. While Josie is a strong personality, Noah has a way of cutting through that to her center where she's far more vulnerable than she shows most people. She welcomes his support when she needs it and he's eager to show his devotion to her. I thought they were a great example of give and take.

Not going to spoil anything but this book gets more personal for Josie as it goes on and it's interesting seeing the character being tested and in different lights. There was a logical progression to the investigation and some twists in there too. You can also tell that Regan did her homework on the procedural side. Enjoyable read and I highly recommend for fans of the mystery genre.

I received an advanced reading copy of this book for honest review. Thank you to the author, Bookouture, and NetGalley.

Buy from popular retailers including Amazon Canada.