Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Museum Murder by @KatieGayleBooks #BookReview @Bookouture

Stephanie Plum of bounty hunting, meet Pip Bloom, finder of lost things...future PI? This was such a fun read! I devoured it in a day! Love the main character Epiphany or as she prefers to be called, Pip. She's quirky and sassy and has a resume of life experience and blunders I'd like to see in list form. She seems to have a wee backstory about pretty much everything but it's been done in such an incredible and interesting way. And when I say backstory, I'm not saying it praddles on--none of that in this book. The pacing is perfect (unless you want to get anything else done!) and had me quickly turning the pages. I am curious if one day Pip won't go on to become a licenced private investigator. I'd like to see that actually. Like Stephanie Plum and her double love interests, Pip has a crush on a couple guys and I'm not sure who she's leaning toward more. It seems both of them are into her.


And speaking of Pip's relationships... Her sister Flis (Felicity) is a little crazy in a good way. She's often saying the wrong word and Pip's correcting her. But the author handles this so naturally the conversation between the two just continues to flow. Now, Pip's mother... She's a loon! And who would ever think they'd have llama drama! (LOL) Well, thanks to Pip's mom's mid-life crisis or whatever, Pip does. You'll need to read the book for more fun on that front.

Just the entire book was such a pleasure to read. There were moments I laughed out loud (and that takes a lot for a book!) This book was a clean read with zero foul language and graphic violence. The writing was obviously truly inspired and the characters felt real. I'm looking forward to their next adventure!

I received an advanced reading copy of this book for honest review. Thank you to the author, Bookouture, and NetGalley.

Available from popular retailers including Amazon Canada.