Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Book Review for Tempered Steel by @PJBennettAuthor

This is the second book I've read of Bennett's and like the first this one pulled me in from the beginning and transported me to a different place and time. The writing is so atmospheric and immersive it's more like watching a movie than reading a book. The cover really takes on more meaning as you read the book too.

In this prequel to the Power Ascending series we get the origin story of Charlaine and Ludwig. He is the son of a baron while she's the daughter of a humble smith. The difference in their stations spells inevitable doom to a romantic relationship despite their feelings for each other. Bennett takes a pause from battle scenes for this love story, but it's not without tension and political angst. The author certainly makes you feel the emotions of the characters. But this is all I'm going to say so I don't spoil the book. 

I read this after reading the first book in the series and found in doing so I probably got more out of it that I would have otherwise.

Buy on Amazon.  

~

*Read my review for Temple Knight by Paul Bennett, the first in the Power Ascending Series here.


_____________________

Read and reviewed by CAROLYN ARNOLD. Expressions and opinions are her own. She is an international bestselling and award-winning author, as well as a speaker, teacher, and inspirational mentor. She has several continuing fiction series and has many published books. Her genre diversity offers her readers everything from cozy mysteries, police procedurals, and thrillers to action adventures. 


CLICK GRAPHIC FOR RETAIL LINKS