Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Lost Souls by @DrCJMerritt #BookReview


This was a good read that kept me intrigued. When I wasn't reading this book, I found myself thinking about it, which tells me the author did an incredible job of making the characters realistic and the plot, engaging.

The author inserts a lot of possibilities for the identity of the killer (red herrings) throughout the book, and I found myself curious who it would end up being.

I enjoyed the chapters from the killer's POV, and could feel his conflict, but also his bit of compulsion. Despite the media giving him the moniker of "Church Kid Killer," this killer does take out the children because he's some deranged lunatic set on violence. To him, he was a maker of angels. I found his thinking to be chilling, interesting, and refreshing.

This was my first book by this author, but I'd definitely read his work again. I received an advanced reading copy. Thank you to the author, Bookouture, and NetGalley for making this possible.