Friday, May 28, 2021

Going Greek by @SueRobertsautho, a #BookReview @Bookouture

 


Wow, where to even begin with this book? I loved it. I suppose I could start there. I love everything Greek and so the first thing that attracted me to this book was that it took place there, but also the fun, attractive cover. Usually, I stick to reading within my writing genres which are mainly mystery and thriller. (Though I do have an action adventure series.)  But when it comes to movies, I often find that I love romantic comedies and this book was basically that! Actually, Hollywood, let's see this as a movie!

Samatha, the main character, is flawed and human, and as a celebrity she finds herself caught up in a scandal--none of which was really her fault. After all, how could she have known the man she slept with was married? She has a couple of choices the way she sees it--stay hidden in her London home and wallow in her recent misfortune or try to put it out of her mind and head to Greece.

Greece is where her sister and family have a sheep farm, and Sam soons learns there's more to life than the hustle and bustle of the city. It was great to see her growth in the book, but I admit there were times I was yelling at her to smarten up. (That just goes to show the author did an incredible job of making Sam human!) Sam kept punishing herself by looking at the people trashing her online when she should have just been enjoying beautiful Greece. And, don't get me started on an old flame that pops up. She gave that guy way too much power!

But all turns out well in the end. Not that I'm going to spoil the outcome, but I will say I'd definitely read another book by this author. (And, as it turns out she has more books set in Greece! Sign me up!)

Also for someone who doesn't typically read romance I gorged on this book in two seatings--the bulk of which was outside on my deck in gorgeous sunshine. (How fitting!) Anyway, I can't recommend this book enough.

I received an advanced reading copy of this book for honest review. Thank you to the author, Bookouture, and NetGalley.

This book is available on popular retailers including Amazon Canada