Friday, August 30, 2013

"I am very gluttonous. I love cooking, baking and drinking wine" - Author @JamieBaywood

Genre: Biography, Humor And Comedy, Travel
Buy on Amazon 

Craving change and lacking logic, at 26, Jamie, a cute and quirky Californian, impulsively moves to New Zealand to avoid dating after reading that the country’s population has 100,000 fewer men.
In her journal, she captures a hysterically honest look at herself, her past and her new wonderfully weird world filled with curious characters and slapstick situations in unbelievably bizarre jobs.
It takes a zany jaunt to the end of the Earth and a serendipitous meeting with a fellow traveler before Jamie learns what it really means to get rooted.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Jamie Baywood grew up in Petaluma, California. In 2010, she made the most impulsive decision of her life by moving to New Zealand. Getting Rooted in New Zealand is her first book about her experiences living there. Jamie is now married and living happily ever after in the United Kingdom. She is working on her second book.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author

1) Even though I was raised in California, I am frequently asked if I am from Ireland.
2) I was told last week in Wales, by two Welsh men on two separate occasions that I sound Scottish when I’m drunk. I blame this on being married to a Scottish man.
3) I am very gluttonous. I love cooking, baking and drinking wine.
4) To counterbalance my gluttony, I enjoy yoga, pilates and running. I’m running 10K this weekend in York raising money for a friend with multiple sclerosis.
5) As a child, I wanted to be a hairdresser. I honestly thought I would be good at it. When I was 9-years-old, I gave my little sister a haircut when our parents weren’t looking. My little sister’s hair went from shoulder length to above her chin. It was just a few days before picture day at school. I’ve never been fully forgiven.

Where to connect online

Twitter:  @JamieBaywood
Facebook:  Facebook.com/jamiebaywood
Website:  jamiebaywood.com
Blog:  http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7069448.Jamie_Baywood
Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/jamiebaywood