Sunday, July 21, 2013

Excerpt of HOME WRECKER by @HomeWreckerbook

When I met an unassuming man at the gym my entire life changed in a matter of weeks. There was just something about him that made me want for more. I felt an instant spark that I would never have expected. For one thing, I had been married to a man for fifteen years who nursed me back to health while I was sick. Because of that, I thought I owed him my life.

HOME WRECKER I by Brenda Perlin
Genre:  Fiction

Excerpt

I was physically attacked by a woman who didn’t even know me. Yes, my boyfriend was her former husband, but she tried to ruin me. She was not my worst nemesis (I’ve had plenty of opposition from others), yet she caused me plenty of grief during a time when I didn’t have the energy for anymore negativity. Throughout my life, I’ve had many disappointments, survived many losses and had more than my share of sorrow. I had my expectations crushed repeatedly, yet I was still optimistic and believed there were good things to come.
Even when I felt there should be more than this, somehow I was able to find the positive in any negative situation. I believed life could be good and we could do well. That said, I still believed people should be accountable for their actions; not that I was a saint or anything even close to that. The bottom line was, I believed in payback. Ruth, the soon to be ex-wife of my boyfriend, deserved to be punished for her actions.  When she came after me with her racial slurs and wads of spit, I realized just how uncivilized a person could be.

Buy on Amazon

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author

1) I am a shy extravert.
2) I can be very outgoing sometimes and with no warning I become really shy.
3) Sometimes I love dogs more than people
4) I love to act silly any chance I get
5) I used to write at coffee shops on paper napkins

Where to connect online

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/HomeWreckerbook
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeWreckertheBook
Website:  http://www.homewreckerthebook.com
Blog:  http://homewreckertheblog.com

__
Celebrating Authors is run solely by best-selling author Carolyn Arnold. You can find her books on Amazon for Kindle and in print, as well as other fine online retailers in eBook format.