Friday, April 12, 2013

"I'm a spy in my alternate reality" - Interview w/Author @kizzykjohnson


What is your name?
Kizzy K. Johnson

Tell us about you.

I was born in raised in St. Louis, MO but I've lived in Jackson, MS, Chicago, IL and Las Vegas, NV. I'm a mother of one, sister of one and lover of one.

Tell us about your book.

The book follows me as I give eighteen people each different advice on how to address difficult situations they're presented with.

What inspired you to write this book?

I was inspired by different people I've helped over the years.

What can readers expect when they open your book?

They'll get a clear example of how to tackle those tough conversations head on, not a what to do tutorial.

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment as a writer?

To date my greatest accomplishment is being able to bring stories to life that help others live healthier lives.

Who is your favorite author and why?

My favorite authors change depending on the genre I'm reading.  However Langston Hughes pops into my head first when ever I'm asked that question.  I love the way he tells a story. With his writing you don't have to worry about getting lost in the complexity of a story line but it still captures your attention.

Do you have any suggestions for writers just starting out?

My only suggestion is to believe in yourself as much as you believe in God.

What does writing mean to you?

Writing is therapy for me.  It's also a way to for the world to get to know me through my characters and stories.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:

1) I'm a spy in my alternate reality
2) I love Science Fiction movies
3) I'm a dog lover.
4) I'm a nomad at heart
5) I have different celebrity crushes every week.

Where to connect online

Twitter: @kizzykjohnson
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/KizzyKJohnson
Website:  http://kizzykjohnson.com/
Blog: http://www.amazon.com/Kizzy-K.-Johnson/e/B00AJ4IQLM



FEATURED BOOK:  Coffee Shop Therapist: Sound Advice for Life's Spills
Genre: Relationships/Advice
Buy on Amazon