Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"I very rarely read "happy" reads" - Author @lazenbeauty


What is your name?
Janiera A Eldridge

Tell us about you.

Janiera enjoys feeding her book addiction when she not writing. Writing is theraputic to her during her struggles with Fibromyalgia. Being unable to work a normal 9-5 is what encouraged her to write full time. She is also a book blogger at Beauty and Books where she mixes being a book nerd with keeping things chic. When not reading or writing she is freelance writing in the entertainment industry.When trying to relax she likes a huge yard sale on a Saturday morning, rainy days to read by and nacho cheese is her kryptonite. Soul Sisters is her debut novel. Feel free to visit her book blog where she loves reviewing books and doing author interview at Books & Beauty

Tell us about your book.

Brianna Moreno was an average 22-year-old women who loved shopping, hanging out with her friends and making more career plans....until the night she was brutally and unexpectedly murdered. Now she finds herself trapped in the ghost world while residing on earth. The problem is, her killer can see all of his ghostly victims and enjoys taunting them as much as he does killing them.Brianna soon finds out that her killer has horrible new plans concerning her family. Brianna meets up with a few of her killer's past victims to hatch a plan so terrifying, the entire town will never be the same again. Brianna is a good ghost gone bad; the good girl side is gone forever!

What inspired you to write this book?

I watch a lot of crime shows and have realized that there are a lot of murders that sadly go unsolved.  I wanted to tell the tale of innocent victims who were angry at how their lives went and didn't want anyone else to be hurt. It's a fantasy, vigilante story if you will.

What can readers expect when they open your book?

Readers can expect a brass and brutal horror story with a ghostly flare. This book is for readers who enjoy a horror story mixed with a ghostly atmosphere.

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment as a writer?

The first time someone told me "I loved your book" I thought it was the best thing in the world. For me personally, it was my greatest accomplishment as a writer.

Who is your favorite author and why?

I have so many different authors that I love I could never pick just one. Dean koontz, Stephen King and Guillmero Del Toro are my favorite writers because their writing has such amazing imagination running  it. They've all affected my work in one or another. I've learned how to build suspense from the masters.

Do you have any suggestions for writers just starting out?

Write boldly and truly from your heart. Don't let reviews or Facebook posts  change your writing because one thing I've learned about the book world is some reviewers have strange agendas way beyond reading a book.
Write the story you truly want to tell, the way you want to tell it and readers will naturally appreciate your work.

What does writing mean to you?

Writing for me means that I can live as many lives as i'm willing to sit down and create. It is even more fun to be able to get other people caught up in your many lives too. ;)

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:

1) Black Comedies are my favorite.
2) Orange Juice in the morning is a must, even above coffee!
3) Roaches are the devil!
4) I read mostly horror, mystery and paranormal. I very rarely read "happy" reads.
5) Justin Timberlake has been my celebrity boyfriend since I was in the 6t grade!

Where to connect online

Twitter: @lazenbeauty
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/authorjanieraeldridge
Website:  http://janieraeldridge.blogspot.com
Blog: http://www.amazon.com/Janiera-Eldridge/e/B006667N1Q/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1



FEATURED BOOK:  Good Ghost Gone Bad
Genre: Urban fantasy
Buy on Amazon