Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"I love classical music" - Author @cvigna555


What is your name?
Julie Catherine Vigna

Tell us about you.

Julie Catherine (J C Edwards) is a Canadian writer, poet, editor and artist living in beautiful British Columbia. Several of my poems have been published in anthologies throughout Canada and the United States, and I self-published my debut poetry book, Poems of Living, Loving & Lore, in July, 2012.
I'm currently working on several writing projects: two novels - a middle-grade adventure/mystery set in Georgian Bay (Ontario, Canada) and a contemporary romance; a new collection of poetry for women, and some short stories.
  
Tell us about your book.

Poems of Living, Loving & Lore is a journey through the seasons of live - exploring themes of nature, love, emotions and overcoming obstacles in life. The collection also includes a section on poems of fairies, mythology and fantasy. Most of the poetry is either written in traditional formats, or with a distinct classical flair, which gives a haunting, melodic quality to the poetry.

What inspired you to write this book?

I've wanted to publish my own books, especially a poetry book, for as long as I've been writing and drawing - since about grade three.  My muses and source of inspiration are love, classical music, water and nature.  I would like to see poetry more widely read by people, and plan to publish more poetry books throughout my life, as well as novels.

What can readers expect when they open your book?

I grew up on the classics in art, writing and music, and they have been a constant source of inspiration throughout my life.  I'm also a survivor - and while there are a few poems where I write about the darker side of life, I tend to write in a more positive, uplifting way, focusing on what is beautiful and good and positive!

Who is your favorite author and why?

I've always loved Shakespeare the best, and especially "A Midsummer Night's Dream", my favourite play of all time.  I'm also a huge LOTR fan and love all of Tolkien's works - he creates entire worlds and characters that are totally swoon-worthy!

Do you have any suggestions for writers just starting out?

Proof-read your work, more than once!  Let it 'rest' for several weeks and proof-read again; and then get either an editor, or a couple of people who have excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills to edit for you as well.  Don't accept being 'mediocre', and don't be in such a rush to publish until you're absolutely sure your work is the best it can possibly be - your readers will thank you and keep coming back to read more of your work; and the pride you take in your work will show in your reviews.

What is your favorite quote?

“One day the sun will shine again. Make sure there is a part of you that is still ready." - Be Calm, Daisy Seal.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:

1) I'm a true Piscean water baby!
2) My favourite colours are water colours: blue, purple, green.
3) I'm a great cook!
4) I am physically disabled.
5) I love classical music.

Where to connect online

Twitter: cvigna555
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/J-C-Edwards/401119423282488?ref=hl
Website:  http://juliecatherinevigna.wordpress.com/
Blog: http://www.amazon.com/J-C-Edwards/e/B009TKJ8Z0/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1351450346&sr=8-1


FEATURED BOOK:  Poems of Living, Loving & Lore
Genre: Poetry
Buy on Amazon