Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"I am a fan of old movies" - Interview with Author @rithebard


Tell us about you.

I am a writer, blogger and host on Blogtalk radio. I have been a writer since I was a small child. My first attempts at writing was fan fiction. I love to tell a good story and I enjoy bringing a glow to the others as they enjoy my stories.  I have written two novels called Murder Inc. and Fantasy Time Inc. and four blogs.

Tell us about your book.

My book is about a time travel agency. You can walk in and order a trip to any time you wish. If you would like to go to Ancient Rome they can accommodate you. Dr. Anne Ross who owns the company and will be your guide will teach you how to act an dress for the period you would like to go to so you won't be such a tourist.

Trouble happens in many ways on the way, where and when is your pleasure?

What inspired you to write this book?

I was a travel agent and I love history. I thought wouldn't it be cool if you could go on vacation in your favorite time period.

What can readers expect when they open your book?

There are three very different threads, following three very different travelers. There is a lot of romance and adventure but I sneak a lot of history in it. So you learn something while you wallow in adventure and romance :)

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment as a writer?

My greatest accomplishment is that I was nominated for a writing award. But more important to me is that I bring joy to people. That people can escape from their own troubles while reading my books bring me great joy.

Who is your favorite author and why?

Agatha Christie because I love the puzzles of her books.

Do you have any suggestions for writers just starting out?

Yes, just write. Don't worry about being successful or perfect, just write. You can smooth things out later and besides you will never please everyone. Even J. K Rowlings said recently that she expects to get negative reviews, the most important thing is to create.

What is your favorite quote?

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde

If you could exchange lives with any of your characters for a day which character would you choose and why?

Dr. Anne Ross because I think it would be fun to be a guide to the past and the future.

If your book was made into a movie which actor/actress would play which character(s)?

Dr. Anne Ross- Anne Hathaway
Captain Morgan- Hugh Jackman

What does writing mean to you?

It is part of my soul, I have always written stories. My first story was in school when I was little girl, I was suppose to write a paragraph and ended up writing 5 pages. It is just a part of me.

How do you give back to your fellow writers?

I have an interview series on my writing blog; http://rithebard.wordpress.com/2012/10/26/49/ and Blogtalk Radio show called Chatting with Sherri; http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rithebard where I talk one on one about being creative and their books.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:

1) I love history
2) my special meal is lobster
3) I am a fan of old movies
4) I love yoga
5) I meditate every day

Where to connect online

Twitter: @rithebard
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/rithebard
Website:  http://www.rithebard.com/Home.html
Blog: http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Rabinowitz/e/B004YTKO86/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0


FEATURED BOOK:  Fantasy Time Inc.
Genre: Time Travel/Fantasy
Buy on Amazon