Monday, November 12, 2012

" I'm terrified of clowns and dolls"- Interview with @willowmyst #paranormal


Tell us about you.

I am trying to make it in the world between tending my garden, playing X-Box games with my Hubby, and generally being a huge geek!
I live in Essex, UK with my Husband and my crazy dog.
Last Regress is my first novel and I am currently working on my second, Running For A Life.

Tell us about your book.

Alyssa Matthews thought she had an explanation for everything. After all, as a slightly sceptical paranormal investigator that was what she was used to doing; researching, observing and explaining.
So when she began writing a paper about a long forgotten case of death by Spontaneous Human Combustion, she assumed it would be a run-of-the-mill piece. Little did she realise that she was about to be plunged into a situation that would not only force her to question her own sanity, but also her scepticism about the nature of the paranormal.
Not to mention the dreams that just wouldn’t go away...

What inspired you to write this book?

I originally started the book many years ago when I daydreamed the basis of the story line.  I worked on and off for years, telling myself that one day I would definitely finish it.  When I fell ill a few months ago that became the catalyst to finally start taking my writing seriously.

What can readers expect when they open your book?

I could be really pretentious and say they will find my heart and soul, but what I truly hope they find is a good story.  That's all I aim to do, tell a good story.

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment as a writer?

When I receive messages and tweets from people who tell me they loved my book.  Just knowing that for the time it took for them to read it, I was able to entertain them, that to me is a huge accomplishment.

Who is your favorite author and why?

That's hard one to answer because it's always changing.  Whenever someone asks me I think of someone different and I think that's because I have different authors for different moods, and of course we are all discovering new authors every day.
  
What is your favorite quote?

"Sometimes you wake up.  Sometimes the fall kills you.  And sometimes, when you fall, you fly." Neil Gaiman, The Sandman Vol.6

What does writing mean to you?

Okay, so this really does sound pretentious but it means everything to me.  I'm one of those people who walks around with stories in my head all the time, and when I'm working on a novel I'm constantly living in that world.  When I'm quiet I find my characters having conversations in my head as scenes play out.  I'd probably go mad if I couldn't write!

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:

1) I'm terrified of clowns and dolls
2) I only just prestiged in MW3 and Black Ops 2 is nearly out!
3) I can't stand bananas
4) I'm very short (4'11'')
5) I once met Doug Bradley (Pinhead)

Where to connect online

Twitter: @willowmyst
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/LastRegress
Website:  http://rachaeljthorne.wordpress.com/
Blog: http://www.amazon.com/Rachael-J.-Thorne/e/B008LTFG9C/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1


FEATURED BOOK:  Last Regress
Genre: Supernatural/Paranormal
Buy on Amazon