Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm quite possibly a cat lady in training - Interview with @mvandenberg


LOVE IN THE VINES by Magdalena VandenBerg
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon 

Food, wine, love and betrayal.
Like wine, love begins in the vines. Betrayal begins in the heart of a marriage.
From the moment I rushed passed her on the stairs, I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before we connected. This time though, the wedding ring was on the other hand. Not mine, but hers, and Carla was her name.
Taking the plunge from the glamorous world of advertising to the intoxicating world of wine, Matt’s dream of becoming a gifted winemaker had come true. Leaving behind the city lights, casual late night flings and, the shattered remains of his marriage all Matt yearned for was a peaceful life spent among the fruit laden vines and sipping his own award winning wines. 
With the ink now dry on his divorce papers, the last thing Matt wanted was to fall in love again...
Reaching over to touch the grapes, Matt said with a shy yet knowing smile. ‘Sugar, sunlight, alchemy; I like to think of it as chemistry and magic conspiring together and, with a lot of love, nurturing and attention, it is all that these little ones need.
While hurriedly dressing I thought about that damn quote, “time stands still for no one.”  Well, it definitely did not stand still for me, a woman, having an affair. Time was against me as I raced back home. Checking for any messages before I left. I was dismayed to see a missed call and a text from my husband. He was letting me know his lunch was over and he’d be home within the hour.
Love in the Vines is a contemporary romance novel set in the intoxicating world of wine and food. 


ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Magdalena Annegie VandenBerg was born in Hawke's Bay, New Zealand to Dutch immigrant parents. Educated in New Zealand the bright lights of Sydney dazzled and it wasn't long before she was climbing up the advertising and marketing ladder.
A friend suggested she try for Qantas as a Flight Attendant. The next five years were spent living out of suitcase offering chicken or beef. A flying contract to live and work in Italy came up and without any hesitation Magdalena was winging her way to live in Rome and Milan.
Retiring her hostie uniform, it wasn't long before she was on the move again working for entertainment live music promoters and ultimately with Cirque du Soleil.
Always more comfortable behind the computer writing and tired of people telling her that she "always uses too many words", Magdalena embarked on finding her happy place.
A self-confessed wine lover and a big softie when it comes to animals especially to her cat Minnie Moo. Magdalena is his personal door opener.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author

1) I love running and spin cycle classes. I'm still thinking about running a marathon.
2) I can never refuse a glass of red wine
3) I'm quite possibly a cat lady in training
4) I speak Italian
5) I never follow recipes properly. As a result I've had many culinary triumphs and flops

Where to connect online

Twitter:  mvandenberg
Facebook:  magdalena.vandenberg
Website:  www.magdalenavandenberg.com
Blog:  http://magdalenavandenberg.com
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/magdalenavandenberg