Monday, October 1, 2012

"I play golf (but not like Tiger)" - Mini #Interview @_DakotaDouglas

ANTics by Dakota Douglas
Genre: Children aged 7 and over.
Buy on Amazon 

InhabitANT is a hidden world where thousands of ants eat, sleep, work, raise children and wage wars. Their fiercest enemy is an evil spider, a massive, devious beast with magic powers, called RepugnANT. Three young ants – ExuberANT, BrilliANT and HesitANT – stumble across the fiend while looking for food. Their frantic efforts to escape him thrust them into one heart-pounding adventure after another. The eight-legged brute is in hot pursuit and has vowed to catch them and wipe out their nest. The pals need to escape his clutches and alert the nest, using Zube’s own special powers and Brill’s clever brain. But is HesitANT up to the challenge? 

Watching his family wiped out by slaveraider ants has left the little ant nervous and timid. Can he shrug off his fears to save InhabitANT from the world’s craziest spider?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Dakota Douglas is a retired newspaper reporter from the North East of England, following her childhood dream of being a novelist. As a kid she read books under the bedclothes by torchlight. Now she dives under the covers, torch in hand, to scribble down conversations between her nutty book characters in case she forgets them in the morning. Her first novel - a children’s fantasy story - was inspired by a dream and is getting some great reviews.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author

1) I play golf (but not like Tiger)
2) I'm claustrophobic after a wave knocked me off my feet and I almost drowned.
3) I am learning to speak Lakota Sioux
4) I collect elephants (not real ones), all shapes and sizes, and I have a huge herd.
5) As an eight-year-old, the elastic in my skirt snapped and my skirt fell down around my ankles when I was dancing with my teacher in front of the whole class. My face is stillo burning with embarrassment now.

Where to connect online

Twitter:  @_DakotaDouglas
Website:  www.dakotadouglas.co.uk
Blog:  http://www.dakotadouglas.co.uk/blog.html
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/dakotadouglas