M.J. Kane stumbled into writing. An avid reader, this stay at home mom never lost the overactive imagination of an only child. As an adult she made up stories, though never shared them, to keep herself entertained. It wasn’t until surviving a traumatic medical incident in 2006 that she found a reason to let the characters inhabiting her imagination free. Upon the suggestion of her husband, she commandeered his laptop and allowed the characters to take life. It was that, or look over her shoulder for men caring a purple strait jacket. And the rest, as they say, is history.
No longer a television addict, if M.J. isn’t reading a book by one of her favorite authors, she’s battling with her creative muse to balance writing and being a wife and mother. She resides in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia with her high school sweetheart, four wonderful children, and two pit bulls. MJ can often be found hanging out at the local library where she is director of a local writer’s group, or online connecting with readers and other authors. Other activities she enjoys include: creating custom floral arrangements, assisting her children in their creative pursuits of music and art, and supporting her husband’s music production business, 3D Sounds.
5 Random Things about M.J. Kane
1. I am a recovering video game addict. My oldest son dubbed me as ‘the cool mom’ to his friends because I’d sit with him and play Midnight Club and The Lord of the Rings Xbox games when he was younger. We beat TLOTR, Return of the King in two days (2005)!! That was fun! Other favorites are THE SIMS and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
2. I don’t like bugs, but enjoy waking down park trails or through the woods. There’s something about the silence of the woods, sound of insects (as long as they stay away!), and bird song that relaxe me.
3. My mom wanted me to be the next Whitney Houston. I can sing, but not like that! Whenever we went to a party where her friends were, she’d make me sing “The Greatest Love of All”….embarrassing!
4. I got pulled over and given two tickets and a warning for speeding in two days. I was stopped by the county Sherriff, city Police, and State Patrol! By the last stop I was a nervous wreck and thought I was going to be taken to jail! I was just 18...lol. Haven’t been stopped for speeding since then!
5. During my lifetime, I have had 4 hamsters, 2 cats, 8 dogs, 2 birds, and a lot of fish! As of now I have 2 pit bulls and love them to death!
Genre: Interracial Romance, Contemporary Romance, Women’s Fiction
Ebony is a smart, sexy, career-oriented black woman who wants nothing more than a summer fling with a man who challenges her mind and body. What she doesn’t expect is a blond haired, blue-eyed bass player—who won’t take “no” for an answer—to accept the challenge.
When Ebony’s attempt at a brief fling turns into more, despite negative reactions from friends and family, she finds juggling love, family, and career are nothing compared to the ultimate betrayal she endures. Now her dreams spiral into lies and secrets that threaten her future and her best friend’s trust.
Connect with me! I can be found all over the web!
All locations/formats where this book can be bought will be at: http://www.5princebooks.com/buy.htm