Monday, September 3, 2012

"I take my whiskey straight up." - #Interview with @GenevieveDewey


"First, I Love You" is the first installment in a trilogy about the powerful bonds of family and friendship, of love and loyalty, betrayal and forgiveness.

After having spent most of his life holding his father at arm's length, Omaha Detective Tommy Gates takes an opportunity to work his first big Federal case in Chicago, the same city where his father, "retired" mobster Mickey Downey now lives. While balancing work and the increasing meddling of family members and coworkers, Tommy must decide whether or not to take the risk of letting his father into his heart when his worldview is everything Tommy stands against. Just as he is grappling with these issues of family, loyalty and trust, his personal and professional lives collide in a way that could threaten them all.

Genre : Fiction, Contemporary


Where to buy

About the author, Genevieve Dewey
Brief Bio
I grew up partly in Nebraska and partly in Arizona. My family is originally from Chicago. I have a masters degree in Anthropology and a passion for reasearch and libraries. I currently live in Nebraska with my husband and three children.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author: 
1): I once participated in the Junior Olympics in fencing (foil). 
2) I love math and math related puzzles. 
3) I love the smell of cigars even though I don't smoke. 
4) One of my pet peeves is the phrase 'you have to do/read/watch this' (I don't have to do anything, and I am a contrarian by nature).
5) I take my whiskey straight up.

Favorite Authors : Jane Austen, Victor Hugo, Alexandre Dumas, Kurt Vonnegut, Toni Morrison, William Faulkner, Nora Roberts, Janet Evanovich, Judith McNaught, Julia Quinn ...how much space do you have?

Where to connect online