Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Ideas pop into my head anywhere!" - #Interview with @LynchRosemary


Tell us about you.
Hi, i'm Rose, wife to Paul for 21 years, I have three wonderful children Charlotte 18 Melissa 15 and Jake 12.  I love animals, we currently have two dogs Max and Arweyn (yes she was named after my heroine!) and scraggy maggie the cat.  Soon to adopt a couple of chickens too!

All my life I have loved the world of fantasy and magic.  Especially faeries and elves and spent many hours in my own imaginary world.  I love to paint, especially dragons which are my favourite fantasy creatures.

Have just given up my job in admin and am now seeking a new adventure!

Tell us about your book.
'Kainan' is a wonderful magical romantic adventure fantasy.  It is a story of a young man whose life is dramatically change overnight and he is tricked into stealing a the magical Ardor Crystal from the world of Malgar by the evil Gorzars.

As deaths door he is brought back to life by a young groundling female, Arweyn.  There is an intant attraction between them both and when she tells him what he has done it distraught and vows that he will do everything in his power to hunt down the Gorzars and return their crystal.  First though he must seek out the truth about his heritage and find out who he really is.  Together they unravel the clues and make a startling discovery! (I will not say what it is as that would be a spoiler)  Returning to Malgar they discover murder, lies and treachery as they then embark on an epic quest to return the Ardor Crystal to the world of Malgar and stop the return of the Gorzar empire.

There is non-stop action, romance and mythical creatures.  It is a book you will not want to put down..

What inspired you to write this particular story? 
Kainan came to me in a number of dreams and it just built from there.

What can readers expect when they open your book? Give us something that isn't on the book blurb.
They can expect to fall in love with the characters.  Feel their emotions, feel their pain and passion.. Be suprised, maybe even a little scared!  I promise it is a book you will be able to read over and over again and still enjoy it.

Where do you get your ideas?
Ideas pop into my head anywhere!  I could hear a piece of music and then suddenly there is a whole scene in my head.  Or walking through the woods listening to the birds.  I have written a lot of the fighting scenes after being in the woods!  It's a wonderful place to let your mind wander whilst walking your dogs..

Who is your greatest inspiration?
My husband.  He is an amazing person.

Who are your favorite authors? : Favourite authors have to be Terry Goodkind and Terry Brookes.  As a child it was without a doubt Enid Blyton and C S Lewis.

What is your current project?
I recently released book 2 of the Deragan Sword Prophecy, Meladrom, which sees Kainan and Arweyn on another adventure, this time with dragons!  I am also writing book 3, which is the final book in this trilogy.  Also I have to edit book 1 in my Wizard and the Witch series... busy phew! 

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment as a writer? 
That I have actually written a book! and that people are reading it and enjoying my worlds... It is an amazing feeling, especially when they ask, 'When is the next one out I want to read it!"

Have you experienced any setbacks for your writing along the way? If so, will you share with us. : At times I did wonder what on earth I was doing..  So many hours spent writing and re-writing it was quite exhausting with working and looking after the family as well, but I just couldn't stop!  I haven't received any negative feedback as of yet, only good constructive comments which I have taken on board and re-worked into the book making it flow so much better.  I did make the mistake of ordering myself 100 copies of my very first book,which was far too many as I have changed the content quite a bit since then after taking some advice.  So as exciting as it is to see your book in print only order a FEW!  You are bound to want to change something...

What is the best writing advice you've ever received?
The best advice would be about mis-use of my pro-nouns!  When I went back and read through I could seek exactly what they were saying and did a re-edit. Also repeating myself, i.e. explaining to each new character Kainan's story, so I reworked that as well.  The flow is so much better now and it has help me to avoid the same problem with my next books.

I would advise you listen to what other people say, especially if like me you are a complete novice.  Even now if someone spots something I am more than happy to listen and take on board.  It can only make for a better flow of the story.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author
1. : I love fairy stories
2. : my dream would be to have a smallholding 
3. : I have been married for 21 years 
4. : I am a VW fanatic and own a T5 Transporter!
5. : My girls are not readers ( my son loves reading, yay!)  and are waiting for the movie version!

Where to connect online
Website : http//www.rosemary-lynch.co.uk 

What format does your book(s) come in?
Kindle, Paperback, Iphones/Ipads/pc downloads/nook 

Where to buy