Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"I am a chocoholic" - #Interview with @MarianneSpitzer


Tell us about you.
Hi, I am a grandma of two wonderful grandkids and writing is my passion. I began writing when I was in grade school and never stopped. I began with three stories I told my grand daughter Brittney (Princess Brittney series) as e-books and one of essays I have compiled over the years. Everything about writing excites me. I love summer and star light, but snow and ice make my dislikes list. I love to read of course and some of my favorite writers are Wendy Corsi Staub, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie. I prefer books over movies and have always loved mysteries since I picked up my first Nancy Drew book a long time ago.

Tell us about your book.
"Gypsy Spirits" is my debut novel I self-published in april 2012.
Spirits? Madness? Which haunts Daniel? His teenage bride, Annamarie, must answer the question while she deals with her husband's controlling behavior and abnormal fear of spirits he believes exist in the surrounding woods near their home. During an argument, her anger erupts and she yells a few odd words at her husband, Daniel, which she explains is her Gypsy curse. A bad day at work convinces him the curse is real, but after the brutal death of his best friend, his belief in the curse and his terror of the spirits escalates. Annamarie begins to have foreshadowing dreams of a young Gypsy girl who resembles her in every way. As the dreams become more vivid and frequent, Annamarie begins to fear her utterance of a Gypsy curse may have brought spirits into their lives. When they both have the same dream, she believes Daniel's fears may be real. They feel they may be close to answers when a human killer enters their lives. With two battles to wage they must stand strong together. Frightening events spiral out of control and Annamarie must fight for her husband's safety, his sanity and her own.

Where do you get your ideas? 
I get ideas from life around me and my muse fluttering around my head. Life holds many interesting ideas for stories and my muse helps me add the mystery, thrills or horror to my work.

What is your current project?
I self-published a second novel, "THE LETTER," in July 2012 and I am busy working on the sequel to "Gypsy Spirits." It's titled "Annamarie and Magdalena." I hope to have it published in early fall.

What is the best writing advice you've ever received?
The best advice I received came from my sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Decker. She read an essay I wrote for an assignment and told me to keep writing every day. She complimented my imagination and said to write about whatever comes to mind, but to do it everyday. I can't think of better advice to pass along. Write everyday even if you keep a journal and describe the scene out your window. Everything you write makes you a stronger and better writer. I have heeded her advice and believe it made me a better writer.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author
1. : I always thank God first for all He has done for me.
2. : I am a chocoholic.
3. : I love 60s Rock and Roll and New Orlean's jazz.
4. : I love yellow roses and bleeding hearts in the garden.
5. : I am a closet Sponge Bob fan. (Blame my grandkids) 

Where to connect online:
Twitter : @MarianneSpitzer 

Buy for Amazon Kindle