Monday, August 20, 2012

Ghosts, Demons and Beings Beyond Human Imagination - #Interview with @sonne3

Tell us about you.
Writing is pretty much all I do, and all I'm good at. I fell in love with the craft many years ago when my third grade teacher made us students write a short story for class credit. Well, I got hooked!

Tell us about your book.

'The House on Mayberry Road'

There are ghosts (mild), there are demons (moderate), and then there are the things in the Mayberry House (severe).

A house not only haunted by spirits but infested with beings beyond the limits of human imagination.

When four adventurous teenagers go to investigate the supposed "haunted house" out on Mayberry Road, they get more than they'd bargained for. One boy ends up dead, two others psychotic, and another comatose. The house is not just haunted, it is somehow alive. And extremely dangerous.

Soon, local Sheriff Charlie Steera and Psychic John Rollings team up to investigate the dreaded abode and to determine the underlying source of its deadly history. What they find is startling--even to a gifted psychic such as John. Something big and unknown has burrowed a hole into the world through this house, something that will not stop or can't be stopped.

One thing's for sure: humanity has met its match. Only one lone, single psychic holds the fate of everything and everyone in his miniscule hands.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
The first chapter/scene sat at the forefront of my mind for a while. I felt like that chapter begged me to write it.

What can readers expect when they open your book? Give us something that isn't on the book blurb.
To be creeped out and frightened and unsettled.

H.P. Lovecraft. There are many things about--and in--my book that goes back to his ideas/style.

What is your current project?
It's a crime/thriller/science-fiction, quite different than the horror themes I'm used to writing. I don't want to give anything away yet.

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment as a writer?
That I do it. That I have the spark for it, whereas many people aren't sure what they want to do/what they want out of life.

What is the best writing advice you've ever received?
I will just tell fellow writers to never give up, no matter who tells you no or why they tell you no. You CAN do this. It takes lots of practice and persistence. And publishers and agents are wrong more than you might think.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author
1. : I like mma
2. : I like to play guitar
3. : I love a good movie, horror or otherwise
4. : I love animals
5. : I hope to someday produce a feature film

Where to connect online

What format does your book(s) come in?
paperback and ebook

Where to buy