Thursday, July 19, 2012

Marlowe and the Spacewoman by @ianmdudley (Ian M. Dudley)

TELL US ABOUT YOU
A California native, I've been writing fiction since third grade. I've been a National Novel Writing participant for ten years, serving as a Municipal Liaison for seven of those years. I am also a husband and the father of two boys.

TELL US 5 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT YOU THE PERSON, NOT THE AUTHOR
I'm strongly considering the purchase of a secondhand, headless mannequin.

I once bested an infestation of gnats that were thriving on a year-old puddle of rotted fruit inadvertently stored in a Christmas ornament storage container.

As a South Bay, California Nano ML, I single-handedly defeated a mob of literate zombies based in Denver.

I am a reasonably-sized Doctor Who fan. My favorite Doctor was Davidson.

I recently locked my entire family (myself included) in my kids' nursery, forcing me to climb out of one window and into another in order to liberate my loved ones. In the process, I wrenched my back.

FAVORITE AUTHORS
P.G. Wodehouse, H.P. Lovecraft, David Brin, Michael Clynes, Dan Simmons, Pamela West

WHERE TO CONNECT ONLINE
Twitter : @ianmdudley
Blog : ianmdudley.wordpress.com
Goodreads : goodreads.com/ianmdudley

TELL US ABOUT YOUR BOOK
Name : Marlowe and the Spacewoman
Genre : Science fiction
Length : 105,000 words
Formats Available : Nook, Kindle, Smashwords, paperback



For Marlowe, an over-worked and oft worked over private eye recovering from yet another emergency resurrection, it's the start of a long day. He's murdered by a bar of sentient soap in the morning, and just when he's recovered enough to grab some lunch, a femme fatale crash-lands outside the City, causing a major political disturbance.

Forced by the government to investigate her claims to be from outer space, Marlowe struggles to strike a balance between solving his own murder and resisting his attraction to the alleged yet alluring extraterrestrial. All while dodging additional assassination attempts and the meddling of powerful figures who have their own ideas about how the 'Affair with the Spacewoman' should end.

WHERE TO BUY