Friday, July 20, 2012

"I love sports, any sport will do" - Interview with @JeffTebelak


Tell us about you. 
I am a husband, father, teacher, and writer.  I live in the Coachella Valley, CA and love life and all it has to offer.

Tell us about your book.
Just One More is a comedic detective fiction work that takes place in the Coachella Valley, CA.  The story is about Blake Rockwell PI and how his crazy life and those who support him rocket him through a case that he has been called upon by the Indigo Police Department to help them solve.  He is surrounded by a group of misfits (this includes himself too) who band together and stop The Furies, a ruthless gang and its killing spree against every man who has ever mistreated a woman.  This is a book that everyone can relate to, because we all either are from a family like Mr. Rockwell's or have the same kind of friends who never let us down, even thought the characters do not quite mesh well with each other at the start. It is a fast paced novel that is a highly character driven piece of work.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
I used to be a high school head football coach and had to step down from the job I loved.  I told my wife that I love her and my son, but I just had too much time on my hands.  She suggested that I start writing.  And there you have it; I started to write to keep busy and now I am doing it every night.  It is a family affair, in which my wife and son help me with ideas and tell me what to keep in and what to take out of my books.  I love them with my whole heart.

What can readers expect when they open your book? Give us something that isn’t on the book blurb.
My wife says once you get through the football stuff in the book, it moves fast and the reader can't put the book down (of course she's my wife, she's suppose to say that).  The mystery of the book and the zany characters moves the reader quickly through the novel.  Like one person told me, it's a Scooby Doo Mystery for adults.

Where do you get your ideas?
From my life and all the adventures that I have lived through.  I also get my ideas from simple people watching and situation watching.  People from all walks of life have great stories to tell, just watch them and enjoy the show. 

Who is your greatest inspiration?
My wife, I love her with all of my heart and she is my hero.  She never gives up and makes me proud to be married to her.

What is your current project?
I am now working on the outline for my third novel and am getting close to publishing two free short stories on the Kindle for my readers' pleasure.  My second novel is now in the editing stages and is off with my editor.  I am also working on a short story with my eleven year old son.

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever received?
No matter what you do, just write and enjoy doing it.  Also, make sure that you write on something that you know at first, it makes the whole process easier.  But most of all, don't spend time worrying about how many words or pages you do in a day.  A writer has to love to write and whether it's a few pages, one page, or a paragraph--you have made ground.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:
1. : I'm married to a wonderful woman, named Katherine.
2. : I have an outstanding eleven year-old son, Nash.
3. : I'm a high school English teacher.
4. : I love sports, any sport will do.
5. : And my dog Steely follows me where ever I go.

Where to connect online
Twitter : @JeffTebelak

What format does your book(s) come in?
paper back and e-book

Where to buy