Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I believe in not wasting resources, personally and globally - Interview with @anneli33


Tell us about you.
I love writing, reading, copy-editing--anything that involves playing with words. At first I wrote short stories, some of which were published in magazines, but then I wanted more of a challenge. I decided to write a novel. I have published one and am working on rewriting two others.

I enjoy the outdoors, gardening, bird watching, fishing, and mushroom picking.
I enjoy traveling to other countries and practicing other languages.

Tell us about your book.
The Wind Weeps is a novel set on the west coast of Canada. A naive young woman comes west from Ontario to look for adventure and romance. She is drawn into a wilderness lifestyle and, too late, realizes that she has married the wrong man. Her survival is threatened and she must rely on her newly acquired wilderness skills to save her life.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
Living on the west coast I have met many unique characters who work in jobs on or near the water. They each have a story to tell. I wanted to contrast their outlook on life with that of Andrea, a city girl from the east.

What can readers expect when they open your book? Give us something that isn’t on the book blurb.
You will be drawn into Andrea's life. You'll see the ruggedness of the west coast and its people through her innocent eyes. Feel her emotions as she falls in love--more than once. Learn something about commercial fishing as Andrea lives through her adventures around the fishing communities on the coast. Enjoy an armchair trip up the coast from Vancouver Island to the Queen Charlotte Islands. Pray for Andrea's escape from an intolerable situation.

Who are your favorite authors? : Rohinton Mistry, Jack Hodgins.

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever received?
Don't publish your first book. Wait until you've written at least one more (in my case it was two) and by that time you'll have a better idea of what you're doing.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author
1. : I like cooking and trying interesting dishes.
2. : I love birds. I've learned to identify many of them by their habits and song.
3. : I believe in not wasting resources, personally and globally.
4. : I love music - a wide variety, from opera to popular, to folk, to cultural.
5. : I believe in treating people and animals kindly.

Where to connect online
Twitter : @anneli33
Website : anneli-purchase.com

What format does your book(s) come in?
Paperback and all e-book formats

Where to buy