Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Independent Voice Celebrates Brendan Carroll


Mark Ramsay, Chevalier du Morte, for the Order of the Red Cross of Gold has double duty as the Order's assassin and alchemist and double trouble when he is abducted by unscrupulous persons wishing to extract the Order's secret of immortality from him. He finds love in an unexpected place and almost loses his status, his honor and his life as his Brothers of the Order set out to bring him home, alive or dead. He must outwit his kidnappers, save his maiden in distress and fight off members of his own Order before he can go home, but he must choose between his new found love and the Order he has served for over 800 years.

The Red Cross of Gold is epic fantasy fiction, set in the modern era with flashback historical scenes from the past 800 years.  It is book one of 25 currently published books in the Assassin Chronicle series.

Name : The Red Cross of Gold:. Assassin Chronicles Book I:. The Knight of Death
Genre : Epic Fiction Length : 386 pages
Formats Available : Ebook Paperback


Where to buy


About the author

Brief Bio : I've been writing since highschool as time allowed then and now.  I currently live in East Texas and I'm a retired public servant.  I have a bachelor's degree, taught school for a little while and ended up retired with over thirty novels written.  The best part of my life has been spent banging on keyboards of various ilks, reading, researching and traveling around Texas and the Southeast and Southern Midwest. 

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:
1. I love Route 66; Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives; Ghost Hunters; Ancient Aliens and Conspiracy Theories in general.
2. I hate hot weather, love the cold.
3. My middle name is a secret.
4. I collect wind-up toys.
5. I'm a student of Rosicrucianism.

Favorite Authors
Stephen King, Anne Rice, John Grissom, Mark Twain, Wolfgang von Goethe, Henry Fielding and J.R.R. Tolkien.

Where to connect online
Twitter : @BrendanCarroll7