Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Independent Voice Celebrates Robert Stanek

About the Book:
Name : The Pieces of the Puzzle: An NSA Thriller 
Genre : Mystery, Thriller 
Length : 65,000 words 
Formats Available : Print, e-book, audio 

Scott Madison Evers is the son-in-law of the Chairman of the National Security Council. His wife is pregnant with their first child. While in Munich conducting a rendition of a known terrorist, Scott's cover is blown. Before Scott can get away, his entire operations team is wiped out, and he alone escapes into the night. When he returns to the US, he finds himself a wanted man, and must go on the run from the agency that is trying to convict him of high treason. Now Scott conducts secret surveillance of those he thinks can give him a way out while slowly getting drawn into a web of deceit. Ruthlessly, the other side draws his wife and unborn child into the struggle. Scott's only hope to save them and himself is to do the unthinkable, and that is what he sets out to do.

Where to buy your book


About the Author

Tell us about you:
Robert Stanek writes books young people and adults. He lives with his wife and children in the Pacific Northwest in the United States, and is intensely fascinated with our natural world. He loves the outdoors and frequently takes his family on short trips to see the natural wonders of the Pacific Northwest, including Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens, the Columbia River Gorge, and Puget Sound.

Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author:
I grew up in Wisconsin, saying we were poor is like saying dairy cows make milk. 
I loved school not only because I got to eat, but because I loved learning. The old schoolhouse at Jane's elementary school, my first school, was built in 1917 and was the school my grandfather attended as a young man. My grandfather taught me so much about life and instilled in me the principals and values I carry to this day. It was thanks to my grandfather that I got to go to Timber Lee Bible Camp during the summers. Not only did I learn sailing, canoeing, swimming, and more at Timber Lee, I learned about caring for others, giving back to my community, and being true to one's self. After high school, I joined the military to see the world, and really did. I lived in Japan, toured Asia. I lived in Germany, toured Europe. I saw what hell is like in the Gulf War. And the lessons and experiences from all of this spill over into my writing like water over Niagara Falls.

Favorite Authors
W. B. Yeats, J. R. R. Tolkien, Anne McCaffrey, Poe, H. G. Wells, L. M. Montgomery, Jules Verne, Frank Herbert

Where to connect online