E. Kaiser was born into a family of readers, and got started on storytelling around the age of four when her older siblings prompted her into recounting an absolutely ridiculous account of a parallel childhood. It was good for the family's general entertainment, and she discovered the thrill of making people laugh.
At the age of seven her mother read the Hobbit aloud, and a fascination with beautiful fantasy was born. At nine she came to the decision that she wanted to be a writer, and set to reading rabidly to learn the art. At thirteen she attempted her first novel, and it was eaten in a computer's demise.
Afterward, during her teenage years she tried very hard at various times to stop writing all together.
Not succeeding, she at last gave in to her addiction, and wrote "for fun".
Her first novel, Jeweler's Apprentice, is a light-fantasy adventure for teens. The shy, bookish heroine is thrust out on the first step toward the adventure that awaits, and growing up. More books in this series are expected.
Tell us 5 random things about you the person, not the author
1) I'm an animal trainer, designer and creator of beautiful things. (At least I try!)
2) I also garden moderately; dairy maid excellently; sew tolerably; cook decently; water-bath can under duress; clean when necessary; listen quietly; & lend a hand to my fellow creatures where I am able.
3) I love Gems; Good dogs; Pretty Alpine dairy goats; Nice cats; Friendly horses; & Amiable people.
4) Also, beautifully crafted objects from jewelery, to carving, to architecture; Intricate frost patterns on glass; The way ripe wheat is more golden than gold, And a summer sky is bluer than blue; And finding great meaning in little things.
5) I am not a fan of High winds; Extreme cold; Heat higher than 100F; Anything catastrophic; Predators in the chicken house; Or mice in the walls.
Tolkien, (of course! Has any fantasy writer Not Liked Tolkien?) I also love Robert Lewis Stevenson,
Where to connect online
Tell us about your book
Name : Jeweler's Apprentice; a Five Gems book
Genre : Young Adult Fantasy
Length : 66k Formats
Available : E-book Book
On her first visit to the King Hanor's palace, 16 year old Fia Brithin stumbles into a court intrigue. To keep the secret safe, the Chancelor sends her off as apprentice to a famous, and reclusive, high mountain jeweler.
..And straight into adventure.
Discovering gems with deep secrets and new friends with the same, Fia learns a whole lot more than just modeling wax. When to trust a stranger, and when not to; why not to try stealing from gem thieves; what heroism is, what royalty ought to be, and that the mountains themselves can sometimes be the greatest danger of all.
The first in a series, Jeweler's Apprentice introduces protagonist Fia Brithin to the wide, wide world, and starts her on a journey toward adventures and that difficult thing called growing up.
Where to buyAmazon