Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Independent Voice Celebrates Joseph Rinaldo

I am Joe Rinaldo, and I've written nine novels, one of which, A Spy At Home, is available on Amazon. By day I work as Credit and Financial Manager for a heating, ventilating, and air conditioning distributor. When I first started writing, I thought being a numbers guy would make me an oddity as an author. That's proved to be wrong. The more people I meet in this industry, the more I run across accountants and CFOs. Apparently, creativity infects a variety of people. Of course, I have the same dream as other writers. I hope my book sells a million copies and becomes a smash hit movie. Selling ebooks for two dollars isn't the get-rich-quick scheme I thought it was before being published. It's been a lot of work.

Tell us 5 Random Things about you the person, not the author
1.) I am truly addicted to sudoku puzzles.
2.) I am 16 years younger than my wife.
3.) Though I have a fear of heights, I went parasailing with my family this summer. It was awesome!
4.) My favorite gift to receive for ANY occasion is tools.
5.) I'd rather have a Dairy Queen Blizzard than any other food in the world.

Favorite Authors
Tom Clancy, Gillian Flynn, Stephen King 

Where to connect online

Tell us about your book
Name : A Spy At Home
Genre: : contemporary fiction
Length: : 122 pages
Formats Available: : ebook only

Garrison's story begins when he retires from the CIA. In retirement Garrison shares the pain he inflicted on his family during his life abroad. Noah, Garrison_s adult son with Down syndrome, a form of mental retardation, doesn't trust dad when he returns home. Experience has taught Noah that dad always leaves again. Over time they grow closer.

Louisa, Garrison's wife, gradually accepts her husband back; however, accepting him as her husband and trusting him with her child present two separate obstacles.

Tragedy strikes, and Louisa dies. Garrison becomes solely responsible for Noah, who has developed Alzheimer's, common in aging people with Down syndrome. This disease tears at Garrison's heart. Noah ceases to be himself and relives a life his dad knew nothing about.

Where to buy
Amazon
My website store