Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Independent Voice Celebrates Everett Powers

Tell us about yourself
Avid reader all my life, I decided to finally fulfill my dream to write. Two books self-published and a third on the way.

Tell us 5 Random Things about you the person, not the author
1) I love the outdoors but hate to camp due to bad experiences with air mattresses. I like to "hotel camp."
2) I prefer reading my iPad indoors but printed books outdoors. This means it takes me a while to finish a book.
3) I'm 6'4"; too tall to shop in department stores but too thin to shop in most big and tall stores. Very inconvenient.
4) If I feel better when I exercise regularly, how come I haven't exercised in three weeks?
5) My favorite thing to do is spend the weekend with my wife, tucked away some place where no one knows us.

Favorite Authors
John Sandford, Jonathan Kellerman, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Old John Grisham books 

Where to connect online

Tell us about your book
Name : The Mighty T
Genre: : Thriller
Length: : 275 pages
Formats Available: : ebook


Detective Grant Starr and his buddy Detective Ralph Bensen took the day off to catch a Giants' game, but their plans are cut short when a lunatic starts shooting people from the top of a twelve-story hotel. The shooter is crazy, but he's also crazy-good with the sniper rifle.

The gunman's found dead and Grant has no idea who he is or why he killed nine people, apparently at random. When two more are murdered the following night, Grant finds a thread connecting the eleven killings.

Unfortunately, he's up against a well-funded fanatical eco-terrorist with a gang of hired mercenaries. After a building housing giant pumps in the San Joaquin Delta is blown up with a fertilizer bomb, Grant chases the gang into the foothills, then to the Hetch Hetchy Valley in Yosemite National Park.

The unthinkable happens: the O'Shaughnessy Dam at Hetch Hetchy is attacked with multiple bombs. It fails in a most spectacular way and a sixty-foot-high wall of water is sent hurdling down the mountain...

Can Grant and his team stop what would be the worst U.S. disaster since 9/11?

Where to buy
Amazon US
Nook

__
If you're an author and interested in contributing to The Independent Voice, click here for details.